At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. If we inspire you to do the work you love, will you still call it work?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world. What's in it for you?
The quality of our Corporate Tax Team and the work we do has attracted increased demand for our services and our team is growing quickly. We are looking for experienced tax professionals to become an integrated part of our team, including high quality Tax Managers with 4-8 years professional services or industry experience.
The key responsibilities of the Managers in our team include:
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Working with our leadership team in owning and coordinating the provision of taxation services to an allocated book of corporate clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordination, supervision, and review of the corporate income tax compliance services we provide, including oversight of income tax return preparation and review processes.
- Supervision of the preparation and/ or review of corporate income tax accounting calculations and tax provisions.
- Management and delivery of the full spectrum of corporate taxation advisory services based on where our clients' needs take us with full support from some of Australia's best tax technicians.
- Supporting senior team members with complex tax engagements including ATO risk reviews, audits and ruling application processes.
- Supervision of our team's senior consultants, consultants and graduates and support for their career development.
- Acting as the allocated 'Counsellor' for one or more junior team members.
- Contributing to a positive team culture that promotes high performance, strong collaboration and teaming, and celebrates successes.
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go:
What we can offer you
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience with, the Australian taxation system gained through working in a professional services firm or in a comparable industry role.
- Experience with corporate income tax compliance calculations, processes and ATO lodgement obligations.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Attention to detail and task oriented.
- Strong communication skills with a confidence to lead the direct engagement with clients in relation to both substantive tax matters and in the coordination of engagements.
- CA qualification or equivalent completed or other post graduate study (eg. Tax Masters)
- Technical knowledge of IFRS and Tax Accounting an advantage (but not essential)
Acknowledgement of Country
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Discover the various ways our benefits can cater to your needs, across wellness, financial wellbeing, and family-friendly policies which include 26 weeks gender neutral paid parental leave at www.ey.com/au/benefitsa
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders - past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation Apply now... we're over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we're ready to welcome yours.
Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DE&I) are core to who we are, how we work and how we live our values. We hold a collective commitment to continue to drive an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging - where people are inspired to team and lead inclusively in their interactions every day. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and are committed to providing an equitable and barrier free recruitment experience for all.
We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org . Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential. EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider. EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. #LI-Hybrid