- Recognition @ Latitude: Education support, Better giving programme with charity partners, Latitude matches dollar for dollar and Community partner days.
- Annual salary reviews and an appealing bonus package to complement your compensation
- Flexibility @ Latitude: Flexible work arrangements - balance work and personal responsibilities, Hybrid set up - work from home & the office, 3 Days paid volunteer leave annually, paid community service leave, paid compassionate / bereavement leave
Join our dynamic team as a Lead Front-end Engineer and play a key role in building innovative customer-facing applications using cutting-edge technologies. As a technical leader, you will contribute to the success of our projects, providing expertise in React Hooks, React Router, State Management, and more. If you have a passion for delivering high-quality code, automated testing, and thrive in an agile environment, we invite you to be a part of our collaborative team where your skills will make a significant impact. Responsibilities.
- Work with the squad to build the front-end capability and API integration for a customer facing application using React, Styled components, Design System
- Build and develop the application with good quality code, which is reusable, accessible and responsive.
- Write automated test to ensure the high quality of code
- A solid knowledge of modern development frameworks, industry trends and best practice
- Provide realistic assessments and estimation to the business of the time and complexity of the assigned work
- Provide technical guidance and solution design
- Review and test your own work as well as your peers' work to ensure that standards and quality levels are met
- Be part of the production support roster to support the applications owned by the team
- Share your relevant unique skills and experience to the team and help upskilling the team members
- Contribute to our existing systems, services and libraries such as Design Systems and others
- Follow the process in-place for the team such as story kick-offs and walkthroughs
- 5+ years of experience in development with at least 3 years of those years working with React
- Familiarity on React Hooks, React Router, State Management, Styled Components/Emotion
- Experience in automated testing using react testing framework, Jest, Cypress and the likes
- Understanding on Context API, redux and state management
- At least a year of technical leadership experience
- Bonus: Experience in managing infrastructure in AWS and Devops experience
- Bonus: Knowledge on GraphQL and BFF Patterns
- Front-end engineer who is focused on outcome delivery
- Good communication skills and can converse well to get the necessary requirements of the assigned tasks
- Could write automated tests to make sure the code is written in a high quality
- Loves to share their knowledge and be a part of an Agile team
Sometimes the best candidates don't have 100% of what is listed above, but if you have most and are confident you'd be a good fit, we'd love to hear from you! Sound like you?
That's a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer a flexible working environment and great compensation. We always support a safe, healthy, engaging, and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home and office, or a combination of both. We're Latitude, partners in money.
Latitude may seem like the new kid on the block, but it's taken us almost a hundred years to become an overnight success. Digital payments, cards, loans, and insurance is what we offer - but what we really are is a platform that helps people shop and live better.Always living and breathing our values. Act Right, Show Care, Be Curious.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check (including criminal history and bankruptcy check) prior to commencement of employment. Only open to Australian or New Zealand Permanent Residents or Citizens.