Your new company
A boutique firm in Croydon are looking for an Intermediate Accountant to join their team and assist their clients with achieving both their business and personal goals. You will be joining a company who recognise your hard work and reward you generously for going above and beyond, this is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting a long-term role with potential for career progression. Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist with completion of annual compliance requirements for portfolio of clients as instructed by Senior Accountant, including assisting the Senior Accountant with preparing engagements, budgets, billing and debtor management as required.
- Support Senior Accountant with fostering trusted relationships with a portfolio of clients and other relevant parties including bookkeeper, internal accountant as applicable.
- Continue to develop a working knowledge of taxation, SMSF and business issues applicable for SME clients and attend training as required.
- Recognise client issues and opportunities and make recommendations for resolution to your direct report.
- Participating in team projects that aim to improve productivity, quality, risk management and client service.
What you'll get in return
- 2 to 3 years experience in Tax, SMSF and Business Services Accounting
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Working tax knowledge applicable for SME clients
- Experience with MS office products, including Excel & Word
- Experience with common accounting software e.g. MYOB and Quickbooks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work within a team environment and autonomously.
Not only will you be joining a supportive working environment with an excellent work culture, but you will also be rewarded handsomely with an attractive remuneration package. On top of this, career progression is definitely available for the right candidate with the potential to move into a Senior Accounting role. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Maddison.Ford@hays.com.au, or call for a confidential conversation 03 9604 9678
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508