IT Operations & Systems Engineer
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
You'll sit within the IT team and partner with people across the business to help scale Airwallex. You'll join a scaling team of system engineers and actively contribute to the engineering-first IT organization mindset.
Your ideas and solutions will help shape the next generation of our IT. Your role will be to focus on system automation and streamlining IT-related operations. Every day will be different and you'll be delivering business-facing projects that impact close to 1000 people within Airwallex.
You'll own provisioning hardware, onboarding new users, building automation, supporting employees and critical technology, and working with business teams to onboard and maintain new technical solutions in an ever-changing environment.
Here's a typical snapshot of what you could be doing:
~ Administer Cloud identity platforms such as Okta, LastPass and configuring core workplace productivity SaaS platforms such as Atlassian Suite, Google Workplace, Slack, Meet, Zoom and so on.
~ Oversight of videoconferencing and network infrastructure
~ Advise the business while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
~ Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritization
~ Building automation infrastructure for Airwallex so we can predicting user pain points and automate onboarding
~ Ensure our internal systems are stable and consistently available
~ Management of MDM and asset management solutions for all Airwallex owned devices (Mac and Windows)
Who you are:
- You are committed - You strive to produce, exceptional, risk free, fully tested solutions in all the platforms you build.
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment
- You are naturally curious- always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- [Highly preferred] Automation experience with the ability to write scripts from the ground up in Python, Bash or similar
- Strong experience in implementing, scaling, and administrating Cloud identity platforms such as Okta, LastPass and configuring core workplace productivity SaaS platforms such as Atlassian Suite, Google Workplace, Slack, Meet, Zoom and so on.
- Systems engineering and IT Operations experience in MacOS & Linux environments
- Networking skills - you're able to understand, solve, plan and implement network solutions
- Experience implementing and maintaining MDM, SSO / IDP (Okta, Azure AD, or similar.), and related security services and protocols
- You're passionate about efficiency - creating self-service solutions to issues encountered by users
- You're an excellent communicator and Slack champion; with the ability to adapt well and multi-task amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
If you're searching for a challenge and professional growth, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.