IAM Provisioning Engineer
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $9 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
This 12month contract role will join our Identity and Access Management team which is a dynamic, high performing team with diverse group of people structured across two global locations (Pennsylvania - US and Melbourne - Australia). As part of the IAM global team you will be required to enthusiastically complete a number of business related identity and access management requests and incident covering the US and Australian crew. Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to role management, onboarding, Privilege Access Management, incident, change and request management. What you will do
What are we looking for
- Completes access security requests to grant, update or remove crew, contractor and systems access. Analyzes the security impact of each request, identifies approvals needed and determines the appropriate approach to complete the request.
- Maintains effective service relationships with business units by keeping them informed of the status of their access requests and tickets, and provides non-technical answers to access questions. Meets team and departmental service levels and objectives. Upholds strong global working relationships with other members of IAM, Information Security, IT and business partners.
- Resolves Tier 2 and 3 technical issues (simple to semi-complex in nature) to determine root cause and implements corrective action. Recognizes when to escalate and uses it as an opportunity to increase knowledge and acumen.
- Accountable for meeting quality, productivity and service standards. Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of access administration processes and procedures. Applies risk management knowledge to improve efficiency and effectiveness of access administration. Participates in project support related to access provisioning and improving current workflows.
- Executes control steps to determine the quality of work performed. Ensures data integrity for access information that enables accurate identity and access management provisioning.
- Assists internal crew and contractors in increasing their awareness of IAM policy and standards.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum two years related experience, access management experience preferred
- Familiarity with technology and security concepts
- Knowledge of the following application is preferred (Sailpoint, CA Provisioning Manager, AD, CyberArk)
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Analytical and strong problem resolution skills
- Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of one or more technology platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.