A global equity specialist operating for the last 20 years has found the need for a new CTO. This organisation promises quality of service across every aspect of its business delivering high standards of investment, product, service and risk management to its clients. Having grown significantly recently there has been a conscious effort to invest and continue the upward trend.
Based across two offices, and with management being the majority owners of the business, they are now looking at increasing their capability and technology strategy to streamline their operations and continue to improve the service provided to their clients. The Role
This senior position will be taking responsibility for the management of all technology whilst providing both strategic design and planning. With an emphasis on cross functional in execution this role is crucial to the management and enhancement of the groups technology.
Working closely with senior management to set the technology roadmap this role will be then executing changes and managing day to day service delivery both directly and with external service providers.
With outsourced service needing to be managed effectively this role will be managing external relationships whilst enhancing and integrating technology processes and deliverables.
Due to the boutique and global nature of this organisation this role will, at times, require flexibility outside of standard working hours and will need to be collaborative with CEO, CIO, Investment Team, Operations, Compliance and Finance.
Your main responsibilities will be;
- End-to-end management of technology operations and services including both infrastructure and business technology
- Ownership of technical and strategic roadmaps including the delivery or projects and strategic outcomes
- Appointment, management and integration of outsource service provider and SAAS activities including outsourced security provider, engineering, hosting provider, communications and help desk, and key SAAS business technology
- Work with line management to continue automation uplift and progression to digital delivery and digital engagement.
- Establish or enhance IT governance, oversight and project management
- Maintain and enhance high standards of cybersecurity, covering all components including systems, processes, behaviours, training, planning etc
- Maintain and manage Business Continuity, Incident Response and Disaster Recovery plans and processes
With an eagerness to work within growing environments, this role will attract a hands-on technology leader who can continue the energic nature of what the business is trying to achieve. Having experience across both software and infrastructure will allow for an effective start to this role.
The successful applicant will be able to articulate they have experience in the following areas;
- Experience in senior IT management role with financial services/asset management.
- More than 10+ years managing multi-functional teams (frontend, backend, data, infrastructure and operations).
- Hands-on technical skills, degree qualified, preferably with an engineering / computer science
- Strategic planner, with the ability to prioritise the delivery schedule and
- Demonstrated experience managing outsource service providers.
- Excellent risk management skills, and the ability to deliver under
- Specialist knowledge and experience with cyber and information security
- Technical skills relevant to the technology
- Familiarity with asset management and equity workflows and system. In particular their integration and automation
- Interpersonal and influencing skills, especially relating to stakeholder management
- Business and project governance and management
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button.
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne Job Reference No:
By clicking 'apply', you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities. For further information on how Robert Half processes your personal information and how to access and correct your information, please read the Robert Half privacy notice: https://www.roberthalf.com/au/en/privacy. Please do not submit any sensitive personal data to us in your resume (such as government ID numbers, ethnicity, gender, religion, marital status or trade union membership) as we do not collect your sensitive personal data at this time.