Job Description About US
UniSuper is a place where brilliant thinkers and passionate people come together. As one of Australia's largest super funds, the work you'll do with us makes a meaningful difference today and tomorrow for our members, the planet and for you.
We offer an impressive range of benefits that includes an annual bonus; additional leave including 3 days over Christmas and 3 days 'Community and Culture' leave allowing you to celebrate and contribute to things that are important to you outside of work; the opportunity to choose between 17% and 11% superannuation; $1500 personal development budget and exceptional parental leave.
UniSuper is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, abilities, and skills are essential in delivering great retirement outcomes to our members. We encourage you to apply for the roles that feel like the right next step in your career even if you don't have all the skills and experience listed. The opportunity
In this role, you will be one of the key members of the Member & Advice (M&A) Leadership Team, contributing to the setting and delivery of the M&A strategic plan and objectives.
Two main accountabilities of this role are overall leadership of the M&A Enablement & Business Management department as well as providing strategic and operational support to the Chief Member & Advice Officer and M&A leadership team.
Key responsibilities include: Team Management
- Leading our Enablement & Business Management Function comprising 20+ specialists responsible for a range of functions for M&A including business change and development; knowledge, quality and capability; and workforce planning, data analytics and insights.
- Working with these teams to develop and implement relevant strategies and refine service offerings that meet the needs of the business, support strategy implementation and ensure alignment and connection with other relevant individuals/teams across UniSuper.
- Implementing and providing leadership and direction in the business planning process across M&A, including on-going monitoring, reporting and prioritisation (90 Day Plans)
- Maintaining strong working relationships across the business to connect, provide input and align with enterprise planning and associated forums
- Coordinating the annual budget setting process for M&A in partnership with the Finance Business partner
- Developing and implementing key performance metrics across the M&A teams, including M&A LT team goals and objectives
- Providing regular data and insights to assist commercial decision making by the CMAO and M&A Leadership team
- Delivering an internal communications strategy to promote and build a compelling story to engage M&A employees and create strategic alignment
- Leading the creation and collation of Executive and Board reports and metrics reporting for various board committees and other forums on behalf of the CMAO
As an experienced Leader and role model to others in setting and upholding the company values, culture, and standards, you will bring a strong focus to the effective management of the M&A business unit and delivery of quality services from the Enablement & Business Management team.
In addition, you should ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Multidisciplinary experience working in large and complex environments, ideally part of the Senior Leadership Team in Financial Services (preferably Superannuation) with a focus on execution excellence
- Proven experience in leading business and/or culture transformation highly desirable
- Ability to think strategically and to be able to articulate the story and translate this into a compelling narrative
- Superior verbal and written communication suitable for Executive and Board Committee audiences
- Proven leadership capability in managing experienced leaders and technical experts
- Strong financial acumen and proven experience of managing a large P&L
- Strong stakeholder management and experience in developing internal business relationships
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate to achieve beneficial outcomes
- Pragmatic and logical in approach and decision making
- Degree qualified in Business, Consulting, Commerce, or related field
We're passionate about knowledge and sharing it amongst our members and our employees, therefore we believe that a balance of working from home and time in office is the best way to collaborate and build relationships with your colleagues. We ask you to be able to commit to 60% of your time in office.
Think Great. Create Great.