Graduate Software Engineer
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $700 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
You will be responsible for partnering with Airwallex's engineering teams to drive a high performance, data driven culture. You'll work on high priority areas, such as ensuring operational effectiveness and alignment across the Engineering organisation as Airwallex continues to scale across the globe. We have ambitious goals, cutting edge technology and multiple opportunities to come in and start delivering simple and effective engineering led solutions to our customers. Our tech stack (Kotalin, Kafka, Kubernetes and React) is built to be flexible, architecturally designed to be scalable and event driven at its core.
As a graduate you will be an integral part of the day from day one. You will be also given a structured training program and a mentor and manager to make sure you have the best experience and are supported to contribute. Our leaders welcome all Airwallex people to contribute to our IT road map and to constantly challenge the processes that we build our platforms through. You will get the opportunity to learn and apply best-practice software engineering, focused on strong software engineering fundamentals and pragmatism from all of our engineers.
You will ideally be able to demonstrate the following:
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment.
- You are naturally curious- always asking why to better understand our customer needs.
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problemThis role will be a good match for you if you had the following:
- Will graduate at the end of 2021 or have graduated in 2020 from a Bachelor's or Master's degree, at any stage in your PhD
- Computing and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow with Airwallex as a technologist
- Less than a year of full-time software engineering experience excluding internships
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative. Requirements:
Please provide us with the latest PDF copies of your transcript and CV outlining when you finish your studies when applying
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.