Full Stack Engineer
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $9 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our team and Opportunity
The APAC Intermediary, Sales and Marketing Technology team is responsible for:
- Being the in-region technology team with deep expertise to develop and maintain our APAC public facing websites;
- Partner with our Intermediary channel to deliver sales education and ennoblement initiatives;
- Crafting a blueprint and program for Marketing Technology help scale our APAC business;
- Deliver data engineering capabilities aligned with our Intermediary client analytics and insights team;
The Solutions Developer will partner with Intermediary, Sales and Marketing areas and is responsible for leading design and development of new digital and technology solutions primarily focusing on web, content and analytics. What You Will Do
Core Technical Skills
- Design, develop, and implement software applications and databases
- Translates technical specifications, logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients in our Sales& Marketing verticals
- Support the complete software life-cycle including DevOps and CI/CD
- Identify issues through Agile methodologies
- Provides leadership and guidance to the continuous improvement of the development and support process
- Maintain a high standard of coding, documentation, develop automated tests using TDD and participate in code review
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Solid and demonstrable front-end experience with Angular (Angular 4+), Node.js, HTML5; (Java OR .NET)
- Back end experience with Java, Spring Boot as well as designing & building REST API's preferred
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (NodeJS, Jasmine, JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing.
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, GIT, etc
- Knowledge of cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus - S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
- Content Management Systems (TeamSite)
- Analytics & Tag Management (Adobe)
- SEO principles
- Proficiency and passionate about modern UX/UI principles and be able to effectively communicate this in all designs and development
- Experience with Data Analytics and Data Engineering
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.