Full Stack Developer
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $9 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The role will come on board and join our Run-Org Team in Australia. As the developer on Flight Tower Application, the individual will have the opportunity to:
- Work in Agile/Scrum Development methodology.
- Work in a cloud-native environment, utilizing multiple AWS native services includes ECS Fargate, Dynamo DB, PostgreSQL, and S3 Services.
- Work on application build on Java, Angular, and Spring Boot technologies.
- Collaborate with a high functioning scrum team that values fun and efficiency.
Required Technical Experience:
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases.
- Translates technical specifications into code for moderately complex new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Writes programs, develops code, tests artifacts, and produces reports.
- Elevates code into the development using continuous delivery, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Follows software development methodology. Follows development architecture standards.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues. Participates in systems analysis activities.
- Understands client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Learns and complies with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Angular - TypeScript for Angular 2+
- Java 8 (for Spring Boot)
- AWS experience (for DynamoDB, RDS)
- SQL experience
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.