Financial Operations Specialist
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. The role:
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Financial Operations Specialist in the Operations team. Our Fin Ops team is crucial to ensure our business runs smoothly and payments are made in a timely and accurate fashion. Your role is to understand our end to end payment flow and help us ensure our customer's payments issues are solved. Our Financial Operations team is one of the most critical teams at Airwallex. You will be working closely with our payment partners and product team to ensure we are deeply involved in any issues which may affect our customers payments.
Your daily tasks will include liaising with our banking partners, helping resolve payment and card related issues, and ultimately improving the process and efficiency of our payments. Additionally we expect you to be a great communicator and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Resolving challenges for customers and internal teams related to payments issues.
- Improving processes and efficiency for payment flow.
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet team and company goals.
- Work with payment partners and product team to reduce any friction for customers.
Who you are
- You love to talk to customers - you must be passionate about talking to customers directly, listening to what they want and explaining the benefits of Airwallex.
- You're focused on great customer experience - you're empathetic, transparent, and always try to resolve issues as quickly as you can and in the best possible way.
- You're a great communicator via email - you're able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way.
- You're a multi-tasker - you're able to prioritise your time and tasks effectively, have the ability to pick up new systems quickly and have a keen eye for detail.
- You're a great team player - you'll be working with people across diverse global offices and will need to work collaboratively with them to solve problems.
- You're a problem solver - you love to solve problems, are a critical thinker and have a demonstrated history of working with and understanding complex systems.
- You think big - you will have the ability to influence and optimise the financial operations support processes and systems as we grow and scale the team.
What you'll bring
- 1-2+ years' experience in operations or customer support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required, and secondary language a plus.
- Payments experienceStart-up & fintech experience preferred.
- Zendesk (or similar support tools) experience preferred.
- Data and analytics background preferred.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.