See job description for details
About The Role
- Are you self-driven and highly organised to execute enablement activities at pace for a large Compliance and Operational risk enterprise business unit.
- Are you an enablement professional who can build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels?
- Are you passionate about working with an energetic, delivery-focused team to deliver results and drive a culture of continuous improvement?
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
As a manager in the enablement team you will contribute to the execution of business enablement services for ANZ Group Compliance including; monitoring of monthly expenditure and employee movements, governance and co-ordination of investment spend initiatives, action key people priorities, collation of submission of monthly committee reporting and ad-hoc activities.
Our team is collaborative and committed to adding value to diverse portfolios across the business unit. The remit of our team is varied and we expect that you are adaptable, take initiative and will support other activities as required.
This role will focus on;
- Preparing monthly business finance expenditure monitoring, reporting and analysis
- Management of resource recruitment approvals and movements across the business unit
- Central contact point to co-ordinate and support project management system updates
- Collation, formatting and submission of monthly Committee reporting (risk forums, Exco and Board)
- Support the team with service re-alignment activities and people changes
- The ideal candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude and will embrace managing multiple deliverables, whilst working at pace.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Ability to engage and influence at all levels within the business unit
- Financial reporting acumen
- Strong ability to collaborate with others as well as challenge the status quo
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and ability to adapt quickly
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Banking Experience desirable with a focus on Compliance
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn’t valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours – things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace – it’s all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
We know many of our roles can be done outside the ANZ workplace so people in these roles can choose to blend working from an ANZ location and working from home.
Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS40222.