Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. Your role
As an Engineering Manager at Airwallex, you will oversee a team of engineers focused on building a key part of our platform product (card issuing). Day to day you will demonstrate hands on, engineering excellence and also support your team to develop professionally. We are passionate about our engineering managers being great technical and people leaders.
In addition to possessing strong technical experience you will also be passionate about translating intuitive, scalable engineering solutions into exceptional customer experiences. Our ambition is to revolutionise the infrastructure that facilitates business to business payments - you could play a critical part of making that reality.
As well as working with your engineering colleagues, you will heavily collaborate with your product director to ensure that the solution we are building is aligned to our product vision. Planning and providing directions on all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the domain team, while being accountable for the delivery of a complete end-to-end technical solution, will also be critical to your success.
Who you are:
- You are a leader- with 5+ year's experience leading a high powered engineering team
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative environment with smart and innovative people
- You are naturally curious- always asking why and suggesting new ways to do things
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
- 8+ years working in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- GCP experience preferred, but AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes is great too
- Experience with operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative. If this role has sparked your curiosity - hit APPLY now.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.