See job description for details
About the role
Role location: Melbourne
Role Type: Permanent full-time, flexible working options available
In the Bankers Experience Tribe
, our mission is to enable our bankers to deliver great service to our customers. We build web applications, micro-services and general-purpose common libraries. We develop and operate the ANZ Customer Service Platform
(CSP) that runs on -OpenShift and Google Cloud Platform and is used by multiple applications throughout ANZ.
As an Engineer
within the CSP Platform and SRE squad
, you will be A Tech Lead who will be responsible to shape up new initiatives in terms of solution design, guide engineers in case there is any blockers, able to build API strategy for legacy services with help of architects and chapter leads and assist Product Owner in defining complexity of projects during ideation phase. This role must be hands on development and CT/CI/CD implementation.
Candidate having experience of cloud platforms, and app migration cloud strategy will be a bonus.
Don't let that scare you though, we're doing things differently for the cloud. You will apply SRE principles to ensure we monitor and measure what is important, you will automate our platforms and services for reliable operations at scale, including automation of our security and governance controls.
You will also assist development teams to apply the same principles to achieve quality in their releases and will be a subject matter expert on running services well on the cloud, sharing this experience with engineers across the organisation.
We use many of the latest and greatest open-source tools, so you will need to be comfortable with constantly learning new tools and techniques along with running proof of concept evaluations to keep us on the leading edge. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit? Required skills:
- Attend stand-ups to progress your work and align with your team
- Work in collaborative teams to explore business initiatives and solutions
- Contribute to design patterns for on-premise and cloud environments
- Manage and develop a team, implementing workflow processes and communicating project expectations
- Forget the suit stereotype - we encourage you to dress for your day
- Experience in building and running systems on the Cloud
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Comfortable in coding in one of the following: Go, Python, PowerShell, Java, Ruby or bash scripting
- Proficient with Docker
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code via Terraform, Cloud Formation or a similar tool
- Experience with CI/CD tooling such as Google Cloud Build, Buildkite, Jenkins
- Ability to advise upon, design and implement cloud security, availability and reliability best practices
- Experience working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions
- Experience in alerting and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace
- Experience with Logging tools such as Splunk
- Experience with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience with Apache Beam, Kafka
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're focused on seeing our people thrive just as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself . If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS133099.