See job description for details
About The Role
- We’re embracing agile ways of working
- We’re designing our work around the needs of our workforce
- You will learn from others, grow together, share knowledge, and solve problems together
Role Location: 839 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: 12 month Fixed Term, Full-time
As an Employee Journey Expert in our Recognition and Benefits Squad, you will be responsible for developing and delivering end-to-end employee journeys within the scope and missions of the Reward and Pay Tribe. You will understand the power of data and analytics to identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and deliver business value.
In this role you would have the opportunity to:
- Provide specialised consulting and analytical support to deliver globally consistent processes across a broad range of rewards and benefits processes, including employee recognition and benefits management, policy design, compliance and reporting, project planning, and process improvement.
- Assist in remuneration and benefits projects including the design and execution of our annual performance and remuneration review process.
- Work with multiple stakeholders including Talent & Culture, other Tribe and Squad colleagues and external business representatives.
- Be passionate ambassador for our way of working and culture.
The radical redesign of our function has seen traditional HR accountabilities renamed, and aligned to the Agile methodology with tribes, squads and chapters – but name changes are just the beginning. The transformation of Talent and Culture has us putting the employee at the heart of everything we do and embracing agile ways of working and human centred design to focus on delivering better end-to-end experiences for our people. This role will provide you with varied opportunities to strengthen your existing skills, develop new skills and continually learn in line with your personal aspirations. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Ability to explore business needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test the outcomes and iterate
- Excellent research skills both qualitative and quantitative with a level of mastery in your ability to draw conclusive insights that can shape ANZ’s future
- Ability to apply systems thinking to drive effective solutions
- Ability to consult, with an intense passion and curiosity to understand needs and wants
- A demonstrated thirst for better understanding the employee and the organisation, define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- You will be energised by tackling complex problems using your critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for the end user and the bank
- Intermediate to Advanced level Excel skills
- Experience in Data Analysis and Reporting
- Previous experience in a Remuneration, Recognition or Benefits related role is desirable
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers . You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS130313).