We represent a Family Office/Foundation who are passionate about supporting initiatives that improve long term decision making in Australia, in the belief that improving our policy making system will deliver the greatest impact on economic and social outcomes. Over the next 5 years, they aim to become one of Australia’s largest philanthropic foundations. They are now looking for an Emerging Companies Analyst to join their growing investment team based in Melbourne.
Working with the Founder and the Investment Manager, you will focus on identifying and investing in highly promising emerging Australian companies (listed and unlisted). Their aim is to understand these companies and the industries in which they operate better than anyone else in the market. Responsibilities will include:
• Investment idea generation including screening and meetings with company management
• Financial modelling and valuation work
• Monitoring industry developments and industry analysis
• Conducting comprehensive due diligence on investment opportunities (including channel checks with supplier, customers, competitors, management, former employers, industry experts etc)
• Preparing and presenting investment papers to the Investment Committee
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the equity market with a strong commercial and inquisitive mindset to explore different ideas and challenge the status quo.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Cultural fit and the ability to blend into a highly collegiate environment
• Advanced critical reasoning and ability to exercise sound judgement
• The ability to think laterally and independently
• Highly analytical with attention to detail
• An ability to be a generalist whilst also being able go deep where appropriate
• Unafraid of delving into complex topics and questions
• Show initiative and able to work autonomously
• Persistent and self-motivated
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Financially literate and comfortable drilling into the financial statements of a company
• Ability to model and value a company
• Degree qualifications in a financial discipline. CFA qualification or post-graduate finance qualifications highly regarded
This is an exceptional opportunity for a candidate looking to make their first move and/or continue to further develop their skills within a direct equity investing role within a highly collegiate environment.
Candidates will likely to have gained 3 to 5 years-experience working within Equity Research (either buy-side or sell side), Private Equity or Venture Capital. Others considered may have experience in Transaction Services/Corporate Finance or Corporate Development/Strategy role within a corporate who can demonstrate a genuine passion for investing.
You must have full working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Michael Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications