Mercatus is a fast-growing SaaS data management platform that was recently acquired by State Street. Mercatus and State Street are now offering the market a public to private and front to back offering.
Mercatus is migrating the multi-trillion-dollar private market into the cloud just like has been done for other industries in the global economy. As the leading platform for managing the complexity of today's private market investment data, we offer a single solution for fund managers' data, from deal to divestment, asset to fund, and equity to debt. Mercatus is headquartered in Silicon Valley with team members across the globe including Boston, London, Rome, Austin, and India. Visit www.gomercatus.com to learn more!
We are building a global team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all backgrounds. With many opportunities for growth and leadership, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that is right for them. Our team is a smart, hardworking group of people who enjoy working together and come from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life which gives us a true melting pot of shared ideas and experiences. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer and provide "industry expert" best practices using tangible examples from actual clients
- Support Sales Manager during discovery phase of customer buying process. Define the specific problems to solve with tangible examples from customer data.
- Present to partners and clients how our products can help solve their technical and strategic business challenges through in-depth product demonstrations or proofs of concept and leading onsite workshops
- Lead engagement with CTO or CIO on technical architecture strategy and provide credible recommendations for a data management strategy
- Drive customer requirements gathering and proposal generation for new customers. The Sales Engineer is the technical bridge between all functional groups and their pre-sales customers.
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) responses in conjunction with Sales Manager
- Liaison between customers and Customer Success team to communicate relevant feedback and customer requirements to ensure alignment between pre- and post-contract delivery
- Manage internal teams to delivery to clients within buying cycles. Strong collaboration required with Product, Marketing, Development, and Customer Success functions.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in infrastructure investments, private credit, private market diligence, fund mgt, or process consulting
- A passion for delighting customers and creating a valuable and memorable customer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively from CEO to entry-level end user and build rapport with each
- Experience researching digital / data strategy and working with CTOs and CIOs
- An analytical / business background, experience in private markets preferred
- At least two years of experience as a sales engineer or consultant in the software industry
- Hands on Experience with proof-of-concept development using modern technologies
- Confident in front of customers and audiences, strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated, persistent, and strong work ethic
- Coachable and able to take training/feedback with a positive approach
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience as a sales engineer or consultant to private market funds or Fortune 500
- Ability to travel as required for customer engagements (~30% -50% ), including internationally