The Forensic Accounting and Complex Claims practice (FACC) quantifies damages and resolves large and/or complex claims and business disputes. This team provides solutions for both pre-event and post-event claims needs.
The Forensic Accounting and Complex Claims practice (FACC) quantifies damages and resolves large and/or complex claims and business disputes. This team provides solutions for both pre-event and post-event claims needs. In this role you will be directly involved in client engagements and provide financial and accounting analysis and multi-task effectively on multiple engagements. You’ll lead the development and execution of our overall strategy to grow the FACC practice throughout the Australasia region.
- Providing claims preparation services to WTW clients in the event of insured losses
- Assist the client service teams in helping quantify the risk exposures at placement of insurance policies
- Providing expert witness testimony in the context of commercial litigation
- Work closely with other FACC leadership to ensure consistency in approach and methodology
- Assist in development and execution of strategy to grow the FACC practice across Asia Pacific, identifying opportunities for post-loss quantification and pre-risk reviews
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and meet with clients and prospects with the ultimate goal of increasing WTW’s market share with large/multi-national accounts
- Collaboration with other consulting service lines within Risk & Analytics (R&A) to demonstrate unique added value
- Support the Global FACC practice, which may require providing resources in the event of a large loss or natural catastrophe
- Fully qualified CA or equivalent accounting designation
- Substantial experience as a forensic accountant/claims preparer
- Knowledge of business interruption/economic loss calculations within the insurance and legal industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present loss calculations in a clear and concise manner, with the ability to articulate and explain complex quantum issues to non-accounting professionals
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally as required to fulfil client engagements
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services; including marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to leverage workload down to appropriate staff levels and manage, teach and mentor staff on assigned projects
- A strong sense of teamwork and responsibility to team members
- Professional integrity with the ability to take responsibility for growth and development, as well as meeting deadlines and honouring commitments
At WTW, we believe that a culture of inclusion and diversity is critical to our business. It's not a separate initiative – rather it’s fundamental to everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer who is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment and embrace diversity including gender, nationality, disability, age, marital/parental status, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
In the spirit of reconciliation WTW acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.