Developer (AWS \/ Python)
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $9 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The Desk Development team works directly with the traders and portfolio managers on Vanguard Australia's trade floors to help them create End User Computing Tools solutions that support trading and trade decisions. These applications are developed, owned and operated independently by the department and is outside of Vanguard's Information Technology and Security applications. What you will do
You will be working with business Citizens Developers with the creation and maintenance of Excel VBA or Python EUCT solution that are run on user's desktops or on the AWS Cloud. Also contribute to various projects that impacts EUCT solutions e.g. Microsoft Office Upgrade, database retirement, desktop upgrade etc.
Partake in experimentation of solution with the IMG business. What are we looking for
The successful candidate will :
- Show that they can work collaboratively with global counterparts whilst being comfortable working alone
- Able to create POC/Small project from the scratch and meet the business requirement
- Able to plan the work and deliver the business value with an agreed plan
- Able to communicate to business fluently
- Have a good understand of the challenges of multi-year global transformational programs
- Show strong full stack technical acumen in :
- AWS in particular DynamoDB, S3, Glue, ECS, SQS, SNS, Lambda
- Python 3, Django
- Java Core 8 +, Spring/Spring Boot
- Agile patterns and practices
- Enterprise Architecture
- Non-SQL/ Relational Database/SQL
- PDF Report Engine
- AngularJS (Optional)
- NodeJS (Optional)
- VBA/Excel (Optional)
- Nurture a passion for modern development practices
- Lean and Design Thinking
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.