See job description for details
About the Role
- Location: 833 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Role Type: Permanent; Full-Time
We’ve changed the way we run the Australia business, adopted a new way of working and introduced design thinking approaches so that we can build a better ANZ for our customers today and into the future.
As a DevOps Engineer
working within the Digital Sales Experience
tribe, you will be joining a team who are passionate about attracting & activating customers through Digital Channels, as well as defining and developing sales & engagement strategies across all channels.
From a customer perspective, we want to ensure our customers can easily find, learn about, buy and activate our products & services digitally. You’ll play a key role in adapting and evolving our DevOps and SRE practice to provide Faster, Better, Smarter platforms in order to support fast changing business functions and improve our service reliability for our customers. What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Advocate for automation and build CI/CD pipelines
- Contribute to system architectural design, driven by system reliability and security
- Build and manage Cloud infrastructure
- Manage, monitor, measure and maintain the availability and health of our infrastructure and platform including VM, Cloud
- Coach and mentor team members
- Participate in incident/problem management activities (including chairing incident post-mortems), apply fixes and resolve systematic issues
- Triage issues with stakeholders and identify and implement solutions to restore productivity
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud technologies, infrastructure as code or other infrastructure automation technologies - we currently use Cloudformation, TerraForm for systems in GCP, AWS
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines using various tools - we currently use Google Cloud Build, Spinnaker, Jenkins / Bamboo
- Experience in implementing monitoring and alerting tools - we currently use NewRelic, Splunk
- Understanding of Containerisation (Docker) and Container Management Platforms (Kubernetes, OpenShift, GKE etc.)
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Proven analytical skills and a data-driven mindset for decision making
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.
We’ll challenge you to become an industry-leading engineer, while supporting you in a friendly work environment. About ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace – it’s all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability, and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS134425