See job description for details
Database Administration | SQL Server | Oracle | Cloud Your new company
Excellent opportunity with a rapidly-growing, entrepreneurial company that builds safe cities, smart roadways, and the connected systems that tie them together. Your new role
The Database Administrator will support the databases utilized by the client's corporate and municipal customers. This individual will work under the guidance of the Database Manager to develop/support database solutions to support various company initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
- Perform daily administration of SQL Server databases
- Install new releases, patch, and maintain Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres databases
- Support standard DBA activities such as creating/removing database accounts, support of patching events, SOX evidence collection, working daily DBA tickets.
- Analyse/tune databases to run at optimal efficiency
- Resolve issues with external and internally developed database applications
- Perform root cause analysis of issues/problems and create preventative measures. Ensure proper escalation and coordination of all issues.
- Execute action items resulting from Root Cause Analysis sessions to avoid future production defects
- Perform database cloning operations from production to test and development environments
- Develop, implement and monitor database backup and recovery procedures.
- Partner with software developers to review and provide advice on database design
- Perform capacity planning to ensure appropriate resources are deployed to meet business requirements.
- Implement DDL/DML scripts in support of SCRUM application release cycles
- Provide 24x7 production support, in an environment where uptime is critical
- Automate recurring tasks through a combination of SQL, PL/SQL, or scripting languages such as Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc
- Assess and suggest opportunities for application and process improvement
- Promote adherence to departmental/software development standards
- Promote learning, understanding, and the general enablement of the DBA team
- Set a professional example for the team through model behaviour, superior performance, and proper attendance
- Work independently, with the ability to overlap work schedule with US-based teammates
- BA in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to own and manage tasks and/or projects with minimal direction
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot issues/provide solutions with minimal direction
- Ability to learn new technologies/applications with minimal direction
- 'Can do' attitude towards solving problems and completing tasks
- Capable to research and resolve issues with technologies outside of core competency
- 5+ years of database administration experience, with a focus on Oracle/Postgres
- Production Support
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, etc
- Backup and all facets of recovery (simple restore, point in time recovery, etc)
- Understand all aspects of database administration; be comfortable working with developers
- Clear and effective written and verbal English communications skills
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision within a global staffing environment
- Proven analytical/problem solving skills. Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical staff (applications development and technical services) and management
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
What you'll get in return
- Oracle. Postgres
- Software Development experience
- Business Intelligence tools and concepts (ETL, SSAS, SSRS)
- Azure-based SQL Server administration
What you need to do now
- Great opportunity to grow within an expanding organization.
- An immediate start with great salary on offer.
- Excellent working culture.
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Vishal at firstname.lastname@example.org LHS 297508