Data Scientist / Analytics Consultant
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities Experienced Analytics Consultant Job Description
We see an urgent demand for consultants in our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice since an increasing number of our customers are going through a Cognitive Transformation. We are looking for driven and experienced new colleagues to embrace this opportunity together with us.
As an analytics consultant within our AI & Analytics practice you will work closely with our customer to expand their usage of Advanced Analytics and Predictive Analytics.
Depending on your area of expertise within Data Science; i.e. business analytics and/or deep technical skills within areas such as AI or machine learning - you'll be part of our AI & Analytics practice. You'll take responsibility for providing technical subject matter expertise around advanced and large-scale data analysis. This will comprise identification and assessment of advanced analytics use cases; application of statistical approaches to analytical problems; rapid execution of analyses on structured and unstructured data including data analysis, data preparation, analytical modelling and evaluation. You'll advise on the integration of advanced analytics approaches in larger analytical architectures. You will also likely be engaged in data quality and/or data governance projects/programs where the focus on will be on realizing the value of data and managing the data as an asset.
You will likely have at least a Bachelors degree (preferably Master degree/ Phd) in a relevant quantitative field such as statistics, operations research or computer science. In addition, you'll have significant industry experience as consultant, and you'll be used to working with senior stakeholders within our clients to elicit, understand and deliver against their business needs.
In this job you will need to have in-depth knowledge of relevant advanced analytics methods such as mathematics, statistics, data mining, machine learning, and/or operations research as well as experience of data analysis and different aspects of data quality management. You'll also have a good understanding of business challenges in the industries you've worked in and be able to explain analytical insights to a non-technical audience. Your key skills will include:
• Significant experience in consulting, including with line-of-business stakeholders. As such your communication skills will be first class.
• Strong quantitative and analytical expertise that covers statistics, machine learning / data mining, experimentation methodology
• Ability to define an analytics / AI solution, including documenting level of effort and risks as input to commercial proposals.
• Multiple years of advanced hands-on experience in leading advanced analytics tools (such as R, Phython, SQl)
• Multiple years of hands-on experience in conducting analyses on structured / semi-structured as well as unstructured data
. Experience with Unstructured data mining including text, image (and Geospatial data analytics desirable ) using various supervised, unsupervised and deep learning algorithms
• Experience in advanced analytics use cases in one or more specific industries, such as utilities, telecommunications, Etc
• Strong communication skills and business acumen, including a feeling for data visualization and experience in presenting complex information to business stakeholders in a compelling way
IBM is market leader in the AI & Analytics space. We offer a dynamic, innovative and international environment which is fueled by projects with leading clients, unique capabilities such as IBM Research, the Weather Company, Redhat and IBM Watson, and a growing ecosystem of technology partnerships. If you think you have the skill and the attitude to change the way that business is conducted - IBM is the place for you and will offer you numerous opportunities for growth across the company.
Work location: Sydney/Melbourne/ Ballarat Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in applying Statistics / Data Mining / Machine Learning methods
- At least 5 years experience in conducting analytics on structured and unstructured data
- At least 5 years experience in data analysis and data quality management
- At least 5 years experience in R, SPSS, SAS or Python
- At least 5 years experience in consulting or analyst role
- English: Fluent
- Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Master's Degree in Information Technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Same as above