Data Scientist Chapter Lead
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Data Scientist Chapter Lead
Data Scientist, Chapter Lead - Data Ecosystem and Advanced Analytics – Data Services
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
Data Ecosystems & Advanced Analytics
ANZ Technology is creating a next generation Big Data Ecosystem to unlock the power of ANZ’s data through advanced analytics and insights.
The Big Data Ecosystem includes the big data platform, the analytics and visualization tools used for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Mining, the data integration/ETL frameworks and operational banking products/solutions which utilise the technology
ANZ is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data in ANZ’s Big Data Ecosystem, and bridge the analysis-related and model/algorithm-oriented gaps between engineering teams and their partners, from data acquisition, algorithm/model designing through to data visualization.
As Lead Data Scientist you will work in a high performing team developing analytic and model/algorithm-based solutions, and will provide technical direction to the team. As a Chapter Lead you will also have people lead responsibilities for 3 team members.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong overall experience as a data scientist/algorithm designer developing enterprise-class solutions
- Advanced understanding of AI/ML/DM techniques and algorithms, such as, probabilistic graph model, ensemble learning, convex optimization, business process analysis, etc.
- Advanced skills/experience in large-scale data analysis and applied statistics, such as statistical testing and generalized logistic regression, etc.
- Proven people-leading skills
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java, R
- Understanding of ETL, data warehousing and MI/BI
- Broad source system knowledge, including Mainframe and non-Mainframe
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders and engineers without background in AI/ML/DM
- Advanced skills in at least 2 of:
- Designing and developing enterprise-class or advanced models/algorithms
- Data Science frameworks and libraries (Python, R, Matlab etc.)
- Data modelling and data visualisation tools and techniques (e.g. Qliksense, Tableau, D3.js, GGplot, etc.)
- Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW) or Trifacta Data Wrangler
- Experience in Banking, Finance and/or consulting is desirable but not essential
For more information on how we work at ANZ, visit our ANZ Life page and ‘Engineering@ANZ’ .
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.