See job description for details
• Support the delivery & implementation of Data Governance framework
• Educate and train the business on Data Governance, what it is, why it is important and what and how do we implement. About The Role
Role Location: This role may be undertaken in any of the following locations: Australia, New Zealand, India, or the Philippines
Role Type: Fixed term contract (12 months) & Full-time
As the Data Governance Analyst, you will help transform how data is organised, managed and leveraged within the Talent & Culture (T&C) function in order to meet current and future data governance and management requirements. You will support the T&C function with education, delivery, implementation and ongoing management of a new Data Governance Framework.
You will work in the newly established T&C Data Governance team and engage with the whole of T&C, collaborate with colleagues from the Enterprise Data Governance team and the business to shape and deliver a portfolio of initiatives.
We are looking for your drive, enthusiasm and smarts to help T&C improve the quality of our data and manage the associated data risks. Your knowledge of the regulatory environment (as it relates to data), broader aspects of data governance (such as data quality management, data ownership, GDPR, modelling, lineage) and flexibility in thinking and how you deliver will be essential for your success in this role. Your key accountabilities will include:
• Taking the lead in Data Governance initiatives by developing, implementing and evolving T&C Data Governance maturity in line with the ANZ Enterprise Data Governance Framework
• Providing ideas and guidance into Data Management and Governance practices to help T&C better leverage data as an asset
• General management of initiatives and issues around Data Management & Governance e.g. data quality remediation and execution, data assessment for projects and data metrics. About You
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
• Significant experience in working in a Data Governance and management role (preferably supporting a business unit), gained from the banking industry or from a large & complex environment/organisation
• Experience in implementing and communicating Data Management & Governance theory & practice
• Strong communication skills; be able to liaise with all levels in the organisation and translate technical Data Governance requirements that can be easily understood and actionable by the business
• Effective stakeholder management and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to build trusted advisory relationships across an organisation
• Flexibility in your thinking and approach to achieve business outcomes
• Understanding of the banking regulatory environment & obligations (preferred)
• Drive & enthusiasm towards improving the understanding and quality of data for better business outcomes. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS138024