See job description for details
Data Engineer Leader 839 Collins Street Permanent
Build the ideal data eco-system from scratch. Ensuring the right data is generated from all applications, sourced at the right velocity with the complete depth and breadth to ensure complete coverage and reuse. This is your opportunity to build new, not fix old.
This is a senior people leadership role (up to 15 in various teams) with broad responsibilities across many aspects of our data enablement value stream. What you’ll contribute to
Define, create and publish the data architecture standards for all applications and infrastructure across the portfolio.
What will the future look like?
- Operational data solutions that will power our new mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Analytical systems that will be used to build brand new machine learning models
- MarTech systems to provide personalised real-time in-context service and marketing messages to customers that are relevant, useful and sensitive.
- Enable and lead a large team of data engineers to be the most creative and best they can be
- Influencing cloud provider’s product roadmaps to ensure they meet our needs
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Uncapped opportunities to run data teams and own data assets or platforms
- Define the future architecture (event-based data architecture, real-time data streams and cloud technologies) for ANZ
- Continually optimise your data solutions and establish ingestion patterns with automated considerations for security and data governance
- Through engineering squads, create from scratch, data pipelines and a real-time data eco-system to provide billions of interactive customer experiences
- Build a data mesh to reduce data duplication and promote reuse of data assets across ANZx both within an Operational and analytical context.
We’re trying to reimagine the way we help and interact with our customers, so we’re looking for creativity, open mind and energy
- Cloud based data engineering experience, we use GCP but were open on your cloud experience
- Proven successful implementation of large and complex data solutions using various architectural patterns such as Microservices
- Ability to influence both technical and business peers and stakeholders
- Leadership of engineering teams, not just their technical skills, but their careers and ambitions, you’re passionate and empathetic
- Lead by example – jump on the tools when required to support the team
At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. If this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you. About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS130028