Data Centre Network Engineer
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
To provide senior level infrastructure services focusing on desi gning, installing, configuring, integrating , and automating firewalls , switches, routers, fabrics , and other data center technologies. Provides project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating firewalls and other enterprise data center network technologies.
- Obtains quotes and justifies business need .
- Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results .
- Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Implements opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 services for complex issues elevated from tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level design and debugging services to development teams.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
- Creates documentation and diagrams , including policies and procedures.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
What we are looking for
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years infrastructure engineering experience.
- Working understanding of advanced aspects of firewalls , routers, switches, and other data center technologies including an understanding of VMware tool suite ( ESXi , vCenter, vROPS , vRNI , vRB , etc.) , enterprise storage .
- Working u nderstanding of code and script ing (Python, PowerShell, Rest API )
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following practices and concepts:
- Network, storage and VMWare architecture design
- Technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis),
- Software and hardware installation and configuration, protocols ( e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, storage replication, etc. ).
- Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms:
- Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux , VMWare, Firewalls
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success