Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant
- Permanent full-time opportunity in Melbourne
- Join a dynamic and high performing team driven by positive values
- Leverage your solutioning experience and "can do" attitude
The Data Architect role is a critical part of the AIA team, which supports multiple data analytics platforms that ingest data from a wide range of operational data stores and transform the data into Data Products for end user consumption.
Architects are accountable for optimising solutions, components, and data products across multiple portfolios to meet business requirements and deliver high value reusable components and data products. How will I help?
- Review programs to identify cross dependencies and similarities
- Design and implement cross functional solutions that build enterprise data products across technologies and data platforms
- Break down cross program end to end data solutions into distributed technology and data component with builds to be completed in individual programs
- Ensure solutions maximise reuse benefits across multiple programs and engineer Data Products across sourcing, design, data quality and placement to maximise enterprise value and re-use
- Provide data engineering and data solution governance around the programs and engineering teams to ensure build components adhere to defined cross program solutions
- Define end-to-end solutions that span technologies including Hadoop & Big Data / Teradata Data Warehouse / ETL Tools (informatica) / BI Tools (e.g. Tableau and Power BI)
11 - 15 yrs. of IT experience with 3- 4 yrs. of big data implementation experience Technical Competencies:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Skillset Big Data - Spark, Scala, Hive, Python OR Scala Programming
- Consulting and Technical knowledge on Data Warehouse, Big Data, Cloud landscape
- Exposure to Media
- Independently Design and build/configure Big data pipelines as per the design
- Able to identify and solve big data problems independently.
- Work closely with Sr. Big data developer to report any issues in build
- Work on defect fixes during QA & UAT.
- Work through the life cycle of the code from low-level design to production and Post productions support.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers
Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.