See job description for details
Job Title: DataOps Engineer - ANZx
Location: Docklands, Melbourne
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of something really different - working in an agile way to innovate and deliver quality outcomes at pace? As part of our Australia Business Transformation, we're looking for people who are passionate about transformational change and doing great things for our customers, to help us redefine banking for the future.
Join us as we reimagine our customer propositions and services using the latest platforms and technology, to better support our customers' financial wellbeing. What's your mission?
As a Data Ops Engineer
, supporting the Data E nablement Chapter
within our Australia Business Transformation, your mission is to build robust data platforms supporting dynamic solutions across all modalities of data.
Your key accountabilities will include:
What will your day look like?
- Building robust and flexible data platform s
- Secure and compliant by design
- Support a large variety of data use cases, across analytics, low latency processing , and ML modelling
- Enable a range of data consumption patterns
- Assess ing new cloud technologies and developing production - ready usage patterns
- Building automation into development , test ing and release processe s to accelerate value
Who are you?
- Working in an agile framework with a team of Data , Platform and DataOps Engineers to deliver technology solutions including:
- Secure data stores for both system and human access
- Infrastructure patterns and frameworks to power different kinds of data processing
- Automated CI/CD pipelines that bake-in development, security and operational best practices
- Define and publish the data architecture standards for all applications and infrastructure across the portfolio
- Foster collaboration across teams, functions, regions and divisions using a range of influencing and negotiation strategies to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders
What will be in your toolkit?
- A team player
- The customer's biggest fan
- Comfortable being uncomfortable
- Continuous improvement junkie
- Committed to your own and other's growth
- A problem solver
- Risk savvy
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Cloud based engineering experience
- Proven success in building data, devops and infrastructure solutions , using tools including
- Terraform , or other cloud native infrastructure as code solutions
- GCP, AWS or Azure cloud
- CI/CD solutions such as GitHub actions, GCP Cloud Build, Jenkins CI
- Bash , makefile , python , docker
- Supporting data platforms such as managing lakes, warehouses, encryption, pipelines, orchestration
- Kubernetes experience is beneficial but not required
- Networking experience is beneficial but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and business teams
- A passion to learn
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you. About ANZ
We're reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We're responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things - be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We'll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS145221