At Citi, our employees reflect the remarkable range of cultures and perspectives of our clients across the more than 160 countries and jurisdictions where we do business - a powerful advantage that combines global insights with deep local knowledge. We recognize that unique individuals, collaborative teams and inclusive leaders have far-reaching impact and are the engines of new ideas. It's our willingness to embrace the richness of our diverse teams, ideas and possibilities that drives our growth and progress. What progress will you make?
We provide a full suite of Securities Services in more than 100 markets, including our proprietary network of over 60 branches and across 23 fund domiciles. Our solutions include custody, clearing, asset servicing, fund administration, ETF services, middle office, agency securities lending, collateral management, transfer agency, and fiduciary services.
We're currently looking for a high caliber professional to join our team as Corporate Actions Analyst
based in Melbourne, Australia
. Being part of our team means that you unlock a whole host of perks and benefits from your first day of work. In this role, you're expected to:
As a successful candidate, you'd ideally have the following skills and exposure:
- Monitor and review announcements of Corporate Action, Income & Proxy events are through various sources, including ASX/NZX announcements, IRESS and company documentation.
- Input Corporate Action/Income announcements into Citi's proprietary system for notification to clients.
- Support a range of products/ services and projects in accordance with established systems and procedures, under general supervision
- Responsible for routine operational tasks focused on administering defined procedures, analyses and report preparation, and resolving problems that require investigation or research
- Perform multiple transactions of moderate complexity
- Apply analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies to identify process improvements and support the implementation of projects
- Interpret data and contributes to recommendations for process improvement, and/or the launch of new products/ services and upgraded platforms
- Minimize risk to the bank through knowledge of procedural requirements - understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Identify policy gaps and makes suggestions to support the streamlining of related work processes
- Timely escalation of all requests / inquiries / issues / errors
- Develop a good understanding of products and processes, and industry practices and standards
- Applies a good knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills to monitor, analyze and/or evaluate processes and data; most of the impact is related to the accuracy of tasks performed, and the quality and timeliness of tasks that affect own team and closely related teams
- Apply a good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the wider team/working group
- Utilize good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of corporate actions, multiple types of investment instruments including: Equity securities, Fixed Income and Asset Backed securities
- Custody or broking background
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access is desired)
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, driven and a team player
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
#LI-Hybrid Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Securities and Derivatives Processing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting