At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing - delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We are looking for a dynamic high calibre Compliance Analyst
to join our Global Compliance team in Melbourne or Sydney office, Australia who will provide compliance support to our Australia office. The incumbent will report to the Senior Compliance Officer in Australia. He/ She will also work with other members within International Compliance Team (ICT) across EMEA & APAC on various compliance projects and initiatives to support our business partners. What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Provide advice to management and staff on laws, rules, standards and industry best practices in relation to Funds Management and associated regulatory areas.
- Compile regulatory compliance reports to regulators, auditors, committees, and/or trustees.
- Liaise with the Legal Department on the interpretation and implementation of regulations.
- Perform preliminary local compliance risk assessments.
- Liaise with both internal & external auditors on the provision of information as required.
- Monitor compliance matters including but not limited to, AML, gifts and entertainment reporting, service providers reporting.
- Update local compliance policies, procedures and frameworks where appropriate.
- Review and compliance sign off of marketing materials and to ensure adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Participate in ICT's projects and initiatives to support our business partners.
- Provide training to staff on compliance matters, including but not limited to compliance laws, industry standards, local policies and company policies.
- Assist with the implementation of compliance monitoring programs.
- Assist in development of software tools to facilitate compliance reporting where appropriate.
- Assist with preparation of documentation and taking of minutes for meetings of various internal Boards and Committees.
- Assist in the management of incidents and complaints.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Law, Commerce, Accounting or equivalent degrees
- Possess strong understanding of Australian Regulatory Obligations including:
- Australian Corporations Act;
- Australian Financial Services License;
- Managed Investment Scheme Compliance Plans;
- Risk Management;
- Anti-Money Laundering
- 3-5 years relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: compliance, risk management
- Able to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously; have good time management whilst being well organized
- Solid analytical skills; excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive and independent
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures, as well as regulations
- Ability to follow specific, detailed instructions by supervisor and defer non-routine matters to supervisor for follow up
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office software (essential)
#LI-Onsite What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.