Cloud Engineer, Specialist
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $10 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
We are looking for a talented enthusiastic technical lead to join our established APAC Cloud Operations team. The team is currently small, but we are growing and expect this trend to continue over time with an increasing demand for in-house expertise. As part of the global Tier 2 CloudOps team you will play a critical role in supporting the global enterprise with a focus towards supporting AWS and pipeline technologies. Candidates with a broad set of skills will have an advantage in this role as you will be required to troubleshoot and triage time critical issues and as a lead you will be an escalation point for the team and region. Strong mentoring and coaching skills are also highly desirable
This role will also provide advanced level technical support for complex projects. Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves hardware or software issues that span multiple technology domains, as elevated from the team. Develops technical standards and documentation. What you will do
What are we looking for
- Designs, implements, and deploys cloud platforms to support and meet business needs. Identifies, recommends, and implements opportunities for improvement and performance issue solutions.
- Provides advanced level technical support and ensures reliable operation of cloud production. Troubleshoots software systems on multiple cloud computing platforms and system integration into existing cloud computing platforms. Maintains comprehensive technical knowledge of software and infrastructure platforms.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Reviews configuration parameters to optimize system performance and maximize operation uptime
- Elevates code into the development, test, and cloud production environments on schedule. Provides follow up production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Determines the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
- Trains and mentors more junior staff on processes and releases. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues elevated from staff. Provides guidance and consultation as required. Updates, writes, and maintains documentation for the department.
- Administers system activities. Writes the technical portion of assigned deliverables. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition, and logical design.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Specializations that will make an impact
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience
- Strong intercommunication skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders clearly and efficiently
- Proven skillsets on AWS Sysops domain
- Skillset on AWS CLI and/or AWS PowerShell Module
- Skillsets on AWS Serverless/Lambda functions and API gateway
- Collaborated with Application development team in SDLC
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD process (preferably in Bamboo) for Build Plan and Deployment configurations
- In-depth knowledge on JAVA Programming language
- Familiar with containerisation technologies like PCF, Packer and Docker
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.