Client Services Manager
The Client Service Manager ensures we provide a pro-active customer service experience to all Citi's domestic and international clients covering both investor and intermediary client types in support of both Australian and New Zealand markets and also global markets for some local clients.
They are required to ensure we exceed the SLA turn around in responding to all incoming queries received as a first point of escalation and also faces off to local and regional Client Executives as well as Regional Global Window operations in servicing client's needs across transaction management, cash and corporate actions. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS Technical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Provide level 1 support for all clients
- Within the group, prepare and manage client credit requirements for each settlement day in conjunction with the account management, risk and credit teams
- Monitor all settlement systems to ensure all issues are escalated and resolved without client impact
- The preparation of weekly/monthly client service reports for presentation in client service meetings with operations management and the account management team
- Manage all new client take on's to ensure a smooth implementation
- Communicate any cross selling opportunities to the Account Management Team in dealings with clients
- Conduct quarterly client service calls and prepare and distribute call reports
- Participate in system testing and process improvement projects
- Manage client issues and escalate to Head and Client Executives where necessary
- Ensure up to date maintenance of procedures and documents pertaining to client service, message allocation and settlement processing
- Proactively work with peers across other internal Citi teams to ensure understanding of changing client requirements and needs
- Manage relationships with Citi internal teams, within Australia, across APAC and globally, to ensure relevant information is being exchanged.
- Be a first point of escalation for client problems, issues and complaints.
- Staff management, inclusive of developing and managing staff performance.
- Project management, including small process improvements, reduction of client queries, process efficiencies and client projects
- Maintain knowledge of new market and regulatory requirements affecting client portfolio/base
- Consistently deliver high-quality customer service with focus on building client relationships and achieving quality results
- Provide solutions and influence decisions with potential for broader organizational impact
- Contribute to the development of new customer service techniques, models and plans, as needed, and recommend and support new process enhancements/work procedures with broad scope of impact
- Conduct periodic service reviews with agreed reporting, developing action plans to confirm commitment and optimize service levels
- Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of end results by influencing decisions and addressing variable (occasionally complex) issues with substantial potential impact
- Lead or support special projects and/or task forces and negotiate with external parties, as needed
- Deliver a high-quality service experience across the client base and inform clients of ongoing market initiatives
- Experience in direct or global Custody operations.
- Experience on clearing systems i.e. CHESS, EXIGO and RBNZ
- Exposure to client contact at a senior level
- Ability to comprehend difficult concepts and to disseminate information in a precise comprehensible format
- Ensure that ASX Business rules are upheld and that compliance issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Good understanding of the Service Level Agreement, develop and deliver superior service to both external and internal clients, and a full understanding of compliance issues
- Strong background and experience in back office processes and procedures
- Proven self-reliance, self-motivation, and accountability to complete objectives with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage medium size teams (10-20 people) to deliver results
- Ability foster a work environment of coaching, feedback and open communication
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend opportunities to improve operating efficiency and customer satisfaction
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the Equities, Fixed Income and Cash markets in Australia and New Zealand
- Knowledge of SWIFT
- Understanding of corporate action events
- At least 8 years industry experience with a stockbroker or custodian area.
- Securities Institute Australia (SIA) qualifications preferred (not essential)
- MS Office
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong communication skills and client service experience
- Highly organised, with an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Keen learner and pro-active in initiating process improvement
- Willingness to assist others when required
- Ability to receive and give direction
- Participate in team development and personal development programs
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients in a congenial manner
- Ability to influence issues
- Securities Institute (SIA) or tertiary qualifications preferred but not essential.
Job Family Group:
- Minimum of 5 years Settlements / Client Service experience , gained within a broking or custody environment
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Securities and Derivatives Processing Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting