Client Service Manager
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 15 Oct 18
Client Service Manager
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
The Client Service Manager (CSM) acts as the primary point of contact for one or multiple clients and internally managed client relationships. You will be responsible for servicing clients with the flexibility and commitment needed to meet their expectations. Develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients and internal Northern Trust partners to better understand the needs of the client and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on process improvements or other service enhancements.
You will be aware of changing market conditions and procedures as advised by Northern Trust management whilst being cognizant of regulatory requirements, taking steps to ensure adherence with guidance from Northern Trust management
- Interact with internal partner groups to aide in the resolution of issues and inquiries
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of all systems / applications required to effectively service clients, and/or internal Northern Trust partners
- Participant on business and technology enhancement initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate operational controls in order to manage and mitigate risk to Northern Trust.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex client inquiries.
- Assist in performing cost benefit and impact analysis related to the request for new client services.
- Build working relationships with clients.
- Responsible for the delivery and continuous enhancement of GFS operations and client services.
- Serve as a point of escalation, maintain and monitor issues log, chair weekly / bi-weekly issues meeting, work to resolve client servicing issues timely
- Responsible for creating and reporting on client satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct Quarterly Service Reviews, Due Diligence meetings, and other client meetings as required.
- Responsible for creating and executing a Client Service Team Operating & Action Plan that seeks to improve service quality, operating efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Build relationships with Relationship Managers (RMs), Shared Service Managers and NT support groups.
- Responsible for obtaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of GFS products and services and how they are manufactured and delivered.
- Ensure internal and client issues are communicated and escalated in a timely manner.
- Create and negotiate the Service Level Agreement (SLA), measure delivery of services against SLA, take corrective actions where needed to address service deficiencies.
- Possess a willingness to jump into the data, understand it, and use it to clarify queries.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Be able to operate with independence with a desire to hunt out solutions to problems, and be able to discuss this with the client.
- Core Asset Management/Custody knowledge with experience in Investment Operations Outsourcing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with global partners and complex clients.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $130 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.