Big Data Lead Developer
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story.
- Should have a good understanding of Data warehousing and have hands-on exposure on Oracle, Teradata, and Mainframe.
- Should have good SQL knowledge and should be able to write complex queries.
- Should have a good understanding of Bigdata platforms and different utilities like Hive, spark, pig, scala, impala, kafka.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with tools and techniques for analysis (eg PL/SQL, Pyspark, Shell, etc)
- Able to define, plan and execute testing of data.
- Strong ability to perform statistical and forensic analysis.
- Moderate data visualization skills.
- Should be both an individual contributor and a team player.
- Flexible working in Agile methodology and experience in JIRA.
- Good Banking domain knowledge.
- Assist the business in bringing new data sets together in order to facilitate impact analysis.
- Able to analyze large volumes of data from multiple sources across multiple technologies; continually validating to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice, and processes.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards.
- Ability to extract data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us. For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. #LI- AJCOGTAG