Big Data Analyst
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story.
- Has at least 3 years' experience in working with Hadoop ecosystem/EMR and Spark
- Experience transforming data from Oracle and Teradata databases
- Several years' development experience in at least one of these programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong analytical and data cleansing skills
- Has an experience on distributed system design;
- Solid understanding of end-to-end behavior of enterprise applications, from front end through to database, authentication, and access control;
- Expert-level understanding of data, entity relationships
- Experience in working with NoSQL databases (eg. Hbase)
- Data-based experience in the financial industry would be highly regarded.
- Experienced with tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies.
- Assist the business in bringing new data sets together in order to facilitate impact analysis.
- Source, stitch, and curate large volumes of data from multiple sources across multiple technologies; continually validating to ensure fit-for-purpose
- Drive continuous improvements of the system, development practice, and processes.
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards.
- Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information.
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us. For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. #LI- AJCOGTAG