See job description for details
About The Role
- Exciting opportunity within the Diversified Industries R&A team
- Working closely with Coverage and representing the Bank on customer calls and transactions
- Innovative, flexible and collaborative work environment
Role Location: 833 Collins Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time Opportunity
Research & Analysis (R&A) is a global customer facing function that provides high quality, globally consistent and time sensitive credit analysis and maintains well managed framework. As an Associate Director, R&A Australia, you will apply advanced credit/risk assessment skills and strong deal structuring capabilities to execute complex transactions jointly with Relationship Managers, Product Partners and Institutional Risk. Additionally, you will perform industry specific research and ongoing portfolio management functions and exercise CAD.
- As a member of the Relationship coverage team, you will assist in the achievement of specified growth targets and risk adjusted returns across the client portfolio
- Balance business opportunity with acceptable risk
- Understand financial analysis across profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Help drive cross-divisional, cross-border and multi-product relationships through high quality analysis and insight to expand client engagement and capture opportunities within acceptable risk parameters
- Optimise client satisfaction and deepen client relationships through depth of client/ industry understanding as means of sustaining quality client interaction
- Execute transactions and portfolio management in conformity with Business Writing Strategies/Risk Appetite Statements and Policy
- Meaningfully contribute to credit workshops involving Relationship, Product and Risk to determine risk appetite and deal structures
- Actively assist in people management practices that meaningfully contribute to an engaged workforce and attract, retain, develop and motivate the team for optimum performance
- Meet the standards of risk/ compliance/ behaviour required by ANZ.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Ability to balance origination/ business development activity with acceptable risk and look to optimise risk/ reward opportunities
- Proven experience in senior relationship and/ or senior credit analyst roles with excellent analytical skills supporting sound commercial judgement and business instincts underpinning actions/ recommendations/ decisions
- Development of expert knowledge and understanding of relevant industry segment
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance or Commerce disciplines
- Thorough knowledge of credit and risk management principles, policies and procedures
- Excellent teamwork orientation. Collaborative in style and involving others to reach objectives
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code (AUS140573).