Associate Director - Strategy & Business Operations (Platform)
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime.
Strategy and Business Operations is a new team within Airwallex's Platform group thats works closely with Commercial, Product & Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Finance leaders to ensure we deliver our global growth objectives.
This role will work alongside the platform leadership team to define and deliver strategic initiatives, research new business opportunities and help grow the business globally. You will set up and run the framework by which we ultimately manage the Platform business and deliver on its OKRs ensuring that we prioritise effort to create maximum impact for the company.
In addition you will own and execute key projects that are critical to the Platform group's success.
Who you are
- You are committed - you strive to produce high quality deliverables that meet customer needs
- You are team player - Someone who works collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You are naturally curious - A strategic thinker and analytical in your approach to developing strategies, putting data at the centre of your thinking
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
- You focus on the end result - Success-oriented and hold yourself accountable for delivering key outcomes
Skills and Experience You Will Bring
- 8+ years of experience, preferably across a top-tier strategy/management consulting and high growth businesses
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Experience in delivering strategic initiatives
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritise opportunities to focus on
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated success in influencing a broad stakeholder group.
- Technology, financial services and/or experience in a high growth environment is advantageous
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably STEM
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.