See job description for details
6-Month FTC position with a leading Australian bank | ASAP Start Your new company
Hays Legal has partnered with a leading Australian Bank with a reputation for excellence, to recruit for a newly created Assistant Company Secretary position. This role is based in Melbourne's CBD. Your new role
In this role, you will report to the Company Secretary and be accountable for the effective management of a portfolio of the organisation's subsidiaries. The role also performs the work of a Board Administration Coordinator in relation to this portfolio (that is, scheduling board meetings, and collate and distribute board meeting packs). You will also ensure compliance with corporate governance legal and compliance obligations for each of the subsidiary board, including preparation of minutes and maintaining corporate records. In addition, you will support the Boards in their activities and conduct research and prepare reports, proposals, etc. and be responsible for other corporate governance tasks assigned by the Company Secretary. What you'll need to succeed
To be considered you will have:
What you'll get in return
- 2+ years legal or other relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of Corporations legislation and other corporate governance requirements, and how they impact a company's day to day administration and governance.
- Strong attention to detail, strong written and oral communication and ability to navigate complexity.
- Strong understanding and operating corporate governance accountabilities, concepts, policies, tools and templates.
- Ability to quickly understand complex topics and issues to provide guidance on Board engagement and draft accurate minutes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, while knowing when to escalate matters to People Leader.
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to join a highly competent team reporting and assisting a supportive manager. There is competitive remuneration on offer. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us Suras Khosla now on 9604 9519 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508