The organisation are a small-mid sized organisation with a family culture and supportive working environment. They have 50 permanent staff in their offices in South Melbourne and are continuing to grow. Staff work Monday-Friday in the offices which are located a short journey from Melbourne's CBD. They are a dynamic business, and you will work for a CFO who will offer support and guidance while leaving you to work autonomously as well. It's an exciting business in a fast moving industry sector. The Role
This is an ideal opportunity if you are an experienced Assistant Accountant who is able to start working straight away on an ongoing basis. Permanent opportunity available in the future for applicants with long term working rights. Working holiday visa candidates also welcome to apply as sponsorship opportunity may present in the future.
Offices are in South Melbourne and this role will be 5 days a week in office so living nearby or within comfortable commuting distance of South Melbourne is preferred. Offices are near local tram and train stops.
The role itself is varied and challenging and supports the organisations CFO while also guiding a small team based locally and overseas:
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating and re-coding payments and GST related transactions
- Supporting with batch payment runs
- Documenting processes and establishing internal controls
- Support with general ledger maintenance and end of month financial reporting
- Liaising regularly with CFO and other senior stakeholders to gather information
- Support with process improvement and general accounting clear up
- Posting journals
- Accruals and prepayments
- Job costing and revenue analysis
- General support to the CFO with management reporting
The role has scope to grow and develop in the future for those who are ambitious and want to take on greater future challenges. It's a varied and hands on position and is ideal for anyone looking for a position which offers breadth and autonomy.
Interviews for this position will commence as early as mid February with an immediate start available for the successful candidate. The role will initially take the form of a long term ongoing contract. We are very open to applications from temporary visa holders who are seeking long term opportunities. Your Profile
To be successful, you will likely meet all or most of the below criteria:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar position
- Strong grasp of the fundamentals of accounting
- Exposure to balance sheet reconciliations, debits and credits, accrual accounting
- Prepared to work 5 days per week in South Melbourne
- Available for an immediate start if successful
- Strong communication skills
Ref: 06810-0012906467 Apply Today
Please send your resume by clicking on the apply button
Learn more about our Melbourne recruitment services: http://www.roberthalf.com.au/recruitment-agency-melbourne
By clicking 'apply', you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities. For further information on how Robert Half processes your personal information and how to access and correct your information, please read the Robert Half privacy notice: https://www.roberthalf.com/au/en/privacy . Please do not submit any sensitive personal data to us in your resume (such as government ID numbers, ethnicity, gender, religion, marital status or trade union membership) as we do not collect your sensitive personal data at this time.