Affinity Placement Manager
About the opportunity
A core business unit within Aon Risk Solutions, Broking is responsible for the design and placement of insurance solutions across the whole of Aon Australia's diverse client portfolio.
Our Broking team is currently looking for a professional and ambitious individual who is intrigued by the world of product placement and design and carrier management and would be interested in applying for the role of Placement Manager.
You'll play a key role in developing innovative insurance solutions for a range of clients both at SME and consumer level up to large single placements for member groups and other distribution partners. The role has a high degree of responsibility for market and client engagement and advising internal key stakeholders on pricing and placement strategy to suit their clients' needs. Negotiation, influencing and relationship management capabilities are vital for this role. Your responsibilities:
- Working with the Affinity team and Placement Director to Lead the development and implementation of innovative strategy to better respond to evolving client need on a range of distinct and diverse client portfolios across all product lines, but with a focus on property and casualty products.
- Engaging key stakeholders internally and supporting broking colleagues to ensure that the Affinity and Broking brand is held in the highest esteem whilst achieving best in class outcomes for clients.
- Working with the Broking operations function to ensure execution and implementation of binder agreements with carriers.
- Undertake portfolio analysis with the support of the broking operations team to understand portfolio mechanics with a view to providing insights to carriers and internal stakeholders on ways to improve client outcomes and portfolio performance and profitability.
- Lead negotiations with senior underwriters and executives within the carriers.
- Lead broking support, product development and design with the Affinity client teams and other sales groups across the business looking for Affinity solutions.
- An in-depth understanding of commercial products and policy wordings, from either a broking or underwriting background.
- High standard of presentation with the ability to engage and influence C-suite in support of tenders and other client engagement like renewal strategy meetings in support ot tenders and other client engagement like renewal strategy meetings and suppor of the prospecting of new clients
- A high degree of commercial acumen and the ability to think objectively on complex matters.
- Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations on solutions that are consistent with the goals set by the various business leaders.
- An ability to articulate why we have a go-to market strategy and what it should look like
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word applications.
We're a team of authentic and smart individuals focused on providing exceptional value to our clients and our local communities. Meaningful and genuine relationships are at the heart of our business success and we're proud of our positive impact.
Here at Aon, you're always more than just a job title. We encourage and support you to expand your knowledge and grow alongside some of the best people in the business - in Australia and throughout our connected global networks.
How to apply:
- As a valued colleague of Aon, you (and your family) have access to benefits that support your holistic wellbeing
- You will receive a generous Group Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) policy which will provide you with up to 75% of your salary
- Aon actively supports employees who wish to pursue work-related studies
- Aon colleagues gain access to the Well One app. The Well One program aims to support colleagues in balancing emotional, physical, lifestyle and financial wellbeing
Please submit your up to date resume and cover letter with relevant experiences.
Aon is committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture with growth and development opportunities for everyone. Diversity is the foundation on which we have built our world-class organization, unparalleled in delivering distinctive value through the work we do.
We embrace an inclusive culture where our people trust each other, respect diversity and share ideas freely.