Job Description The Opportunity
Our Business Advisory Division is committed to providing strategic advice, innovative solutions and service excellence to small and medium enterprises. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Manager to join our team in Coffs Harbour.
You will have the opportunity to lead a small team whilst working closely with the Partners, and will be responsible for managing client relationships, assigning and reviewing business advisory and accounting work.
You will be assigned a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for the development and mentoring of Bookkeepers and Graduates with the goal of delivering high quality accounting and advisory work. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on a diverse mix of clients within a fun, supportive and motivated team. Please note that we also encourage talented Senior Accountants and Assistant Managers to apply
. What will your typical week look like?
More about the Perks
- Produce and review compliance documents including annual financial statements, tax returns using your strong technical skills including working knowledge of income tax, GST, FBT, CGT, Division 7A.
- Use your management accounting skills to advise clients with companies, partnerships, trusts and a range of individual businesses
- Assist in preparing business advice
- Achieve budgeted chargeable hours, fee targets and profitability of the work for yourself and the team
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge to ensure compliance with all statutory and relevant regulatory requirements
- Manage, coordinate and delegate client work to team members with an appropriate level of capability to ensure team targets are met
- Drive retention by empowering and nurturing team members to develop their capability and deliver exceptional performance
- Look for opportunities to value add to clients' scope of work with the firm and deepen both internal and external networks, developing business and raising the Findex profile.
- Mentor and coach junior staff team members
Let's talk about you!
- Social and collaborative team culture
- Flexible working arrangements and environment that promotes work-life balance
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
You are someone with...
Let's talk about our team!
- Degree qualified with a CA/CPA qualification
- Proven accounting experience preferably within Public Practice
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills
- An ability to support and lead others
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Committed to maintain your accreditation, expanding industry and professional knowledge
- Strong excel skills and practical experience with Xero and MYOB
- Join a professional team and work closely with our local and regional Partners
- Enjoy a collaborative work environment that values teamwork
- Genuine Career growth - grow your career as our business grows
Looking for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to grow in a diverse financial services and technology company, and work on something cutting edge? Do you want to be part of a community of likeminded professionals who are revolutionising the way financial services are delivered? Are you quick thinking and ready to push boundaries?
We are passionate about what we do and how we do it. If you are a bold thinker, like to make meaningful change, take pride in delivering quality work and being accountable and maintaining high standards then we look forward to meeting you. Next Steps?
Apply now - we can't wait to hear from you! Please note, you will be directed to our careers page to apply. Please note:
Only candidates with valid work rights within Australia/New Zealand in which this position is based will be considered. This role is being managed by Findex Talent Acquisition and we will not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies. Findex Christmas and New Year Office Closure
Please be advised that Findex offices will be closing for the Christmas and New Year period, between December 22 - January 10 (AU), and December 22 - January 15 (NZ).
All applications received during this time will be reviewed upon our return in the new year.
The Findex TA team would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!