Job Description About US
UniSuper is a place where brilliant thinkers and passionate people come together. As one of Australia's largest super funds, the work you'll do with us makes a meaningful difference today and tomorrow for our members, the planet and for you.
We offer an impressive range of benefits that includes annual bonus; additional leave including 3 days over Christmas and 3 days 'Community and Culture' leave allowing you to celebrate and contribute to things that are important to you outside of work; the opportunity to choose between 17% and 11% superannuation; $1500 personal development budget and expectational parental leave.
UniSuper is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. We know that diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, interests, abilities, and skills are essential in delivering great retirement outcomes to our members. We encourage you to apply for the roles that feel like the right next step in your career even if you don't have all the skills and experience listed. The opportunity
The Member and Advice team provide end to end customer services to all members helping them to understand, manage and tailor their retirement savings through the appropriate information at the right time. M&A includes our processing, payments, claims, complaints, contact centre and financial advice teams, as well as the key support teams needed to manage the flow of customers. We provide a real time customer lens to help the business improve current and future services and pride ourselves on the breadth of information, quality of advice and award winning services we provide.
This role is accountable for supporting Private Client Advisers to meet with and provide a high quality advice experience for existing UniSuper Advice clients Key responsibilities include:
- Contacting existing advice clients to generate review advice appointments.
- Ability to articulate the benefits of the 'Review Service' to UniSuper Advice clients.
- Preparation for client meetings by undertaking calculations and research.
- Attending and contributing to successful client meetings with your assigned Private Client Adviser/s.
- Assisting Private Client Advisers with strategy development, client file management and preparing Paraplanning briefs.
- Reviewing Statement of Advice documents prior to presentation by Private Client Adviser and present Statements of Advice to clients on behalf of Private Client Adviser.
- Preparing Records of Advice.
As the successful candidate, you are someone who continuously reviews processes to identify and implement improvements in terms of accuracy, timeliness, stronger controls and governance. You are a critical thinker, resourceful, comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and thrive in an environment of change.
In addition, you should ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for superannuation and the positive impact it has on members retirement outcomes
- Minimum 3 years within the last 5 years' experience in the personal financial planning field.
- Must have been on Financial Adviser Register at some time between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2018 or have completed professional year.
- Approved qualification or University degree and Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning and able to meet education requirements by 1 January 2026.
- Ability to work within a team environment and have the ability to work autonomously
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines.
We're passionate about knowledge and sharing it amongst our members and our employees, therefore we believe that a balance of working from home and time in office is the best way to collaborate and build relationships with your colleagues. We ask you to be able to commit to 60% of your time in office. Think Great. Create Great.