See job description for details
12 month Salary role, start WFH and transition to an office in Woden Your new company
The FMIS System Administrator supports the Assistant Director, HR, Budgets and Policy in the day to day management of matters relating to the administration of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS) within the Financial Management Section of the Corporate Services Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the administration and management of the FMIS to ensure accuracy in data and functionality, including undertaking assurance activities and testing. Your new role
Day to Day to your duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Management and maintenance of the FMIS and other finance specific systems.
- Ensure the integrity, availability and capability of the FMIS, including data input, reporting requirements as well as disaster recovery.
- Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
- In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums. Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity and encouraging career development.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities. Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
You'll have demonstrated experience:
What you'll get in return
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in FMIS implementation, management and administration.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of public sector financial management frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, providing client focussed services.
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time restraints and with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development and promoting professionalism.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters
Working in this newly established team you'll be a key stockholder in the success of this project and receive support form directors. Offering a 12 months salary role with a view to permanency. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us now 02 61127657.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508