What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Technical Lead (ETL Developer)
to join our Development team at Australia. About Cognizant Digital Business CDB-AIA
Digital technologies, including analytics and AI, give companies a once-in-a-generation opportunity to perform orders of magnitude better than ever before. But clients need new business models built from analyzing customers and business operations at every angle to really understand them.
With the power to apply artificial intelligence and data science to business decisions via enterprise data management solutions, we help leading companies prototype, refine, validate and scale the most desirable products and delivery models to enterprise scale within weeks.
More information? Please visit
https://be.cognizant.com/sites/cognizant-digital-business/SitePage/289238/cognizant-ai About role
As a Technical Lead (SQL), you champion industry best practice, solutions, and technologies, and demonstrate superior skills in delivering automated data supply chains, analyzing, combining and enriching data from multiple sources to provide value for Business consumers.
You are always looking ahead to ensure your solutions fit in the bigger picture and the long-term strategy. As Platform Engineer you have a bias to action and apply your knowledge to engineer scalable, resilient, and future-proof platforms. Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
- Primary Skills (Must have) - Extensive experience in ETL Development, PL/SQL scripting, Data Analyst
- 7-8 year's industry experience in PL/SQL based development.
- ETL developer with IBM DB Flex and DataStage
- Strong SQL background, with capability to Write SQL with a performance mindset, troubleshoot performance, mentor and train other staff.
- SQL code tuning capability.
- Should have Data Warehouse knowledge
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Work closely with Testers, Engineers and Business Analysts to ensure business requirements are met
- Work with business representatives, business analysts and customers to determine practical resolutions of business issues
- Able to demonstrate experience with software engineering practices including CI/CD
- Coordination of deployment and release activities for the team
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, collaborative approach and excellent communication skills
- To use technical leadership and influence to drive team performance, bringing new techniques and ways of working to the team where needed.
- Share knowledge and pair with the fellow engineers in your team to maximize the team's skills and capabilities.
What you can expect
- Added advantage to have some ETL, Reporting tool experience.
- Become part of a the 'flag ship' success story
- Mediator: able to guide the team in adopting the architecture vision and software design principles;
- Negotiation: being able to negotiate trade-offs between non-functional requirements
- Being able to act as a mature sparring partner with the Solution Architect.
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.