Are you committed to bringing your best to life every day?
At MLC Life Insurance, we're proud of our history of protecting Australians for over 135 years. We provide flexible, affordable, and innovative insurance products to almost 1 million Australians. We're Australian-led and managed, and part of a global network through our partnership with one of the world's leading life insurers, Nippon Life Insurance Group.
We're driven by a powerful purpose, providing our customers and their families with a Promise for Life to be there when they need us most - and that's a great purpose to bring us together at work every day.
We work hard to deliver a total customer experience that keeps our customers and partners at the forefront of all our decisions. We're a values-driven business that strives for high performance and growth as we look towards the future. The Role
We have a position available for a Case Consultant to join our Claims team across Melbourne, Sydney, or Brisbane to ideally commence in late February 2024.
With a generous salary package and participation in our short-term incentive program, you will start with a group of new work mates where your first 4 weeks will be spent in an interactive learning environment (face to face, virtual and online) understanding the foundational aspects of claims management.
Within your few months and partnered with a specialist, you will continue to learn on the job to build your knowledge and skills, getting more confident as you work toward your own delegated authority.
Post training, you will be allocated a Lead and join one of our teams across Group or Retail Claims. As you continue to flourish in your role, you will manage a caseload of claims with empathy, respect and a proactive approach. About you
- Must bring prior Claims management experience, within the life insurance industry.
- Experience working in customer service or financial services, Allied Health, Nursing or related medical fields advantageous.
- Ability to communicate and influence positive outcomes.
- Highly customer centric and will enjoy working in a collaborative environment; and
- A basic understanding of medical terminology will be well regarded.
Bringing our best to life - why join us?
- We do work that makes a genuine difference to our customers, partners and community.
- We have a supportive, inclusive and flexible team culture, including hybrid working.
- We support your growth and development, and careers across our business units and teams that are as unique as our people.
- We reward and celebrate our successes, through our incentive and recognition programs.
- We offer tools, resources and benefits to support your wellbeing, including additional lifestyle leave and our Family Life hub.
- We connect and celebrate our diversity at work through our social committees and employee groups, and we contribute to our community with paid volunteer leave and through our sustainability commitments.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including Federal Police Checks, Employment checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and Bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates, however they will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the position.