See job description for details
Exciting permanent fixed-term position with major insurance space entity. Competitive salary and benefits. Your new company
Hays Technology have partnered with a large global industry leading insurance organisation; we are seeking an experienced Automation Tester to join the Brisbane office. This is a great opportunity to join a large corporation looking to increase their presence and performance within the Brisbane and Queensland insurance market. Your new role
In this role you will be part of the Technology division and Testing team within the Brisbane office. The role will be reporting to the Test Services Manager, whilst providing a high level of software quality as a vital member of the Test team tasked with the software release automation testing for both systems and applications. You will be required to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure all defects are logged in a timely manner and correctly with supporting evidence (logs, screenshots, etc) ready for evaluation.
- Application of basic test techniques to projects and identify key functional areas which can be subjected to automation testing.
- Test conditions
- Identified test conditions from requirement or other agreed sources.
- Correctly prioritises test conditions in relation to risk.
- Currently links test conditions to relevant requirement or source documents.
- Automated test scripts
- Design automated scripts with appropriate level of detail - including pre-requisites or required data for test and expected results.
- Correctly link test scripts with relevant test conditions.
- Demonstrates test scripts provide appropriate coverage of relevant requirements.
- Automated test execution
- Executes scheduled test scripts in agreed timeframes.
- Identifies catastrophic defects which render future testing null and void until resolved.
- Identify defects blocking a subset of test scripts from being executed
- Ensure execution results are recorded correctly within the automated test tool being used.
To be successful in applying for this role you will need to possess:
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree
- Previous exposure to both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Automation and technical experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in test automation of web applications, portals, mobile applications and APIs in a C# .Net environment using UI testing framework such as Selenium.
- Ability to query and manipulate databases using SQL skills
- Test Tools
- Proficient in Selenium as Test Automation tools for web application for testing.
- Proficient ability in one Test Management and Defect Management tool each.
This opportunity offers you a competitive rate with a large leading organisation and the ability to sharpen and drive Automation testing skills and capability. Great working from home flexibility - no more than 2 days a week on-site. What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
For further information about this role, please contact:
Recruitment Partner Recruiting experts in Software Development and Testing
If this role is not quite right for you, but you are looking for similar Software Development and Testing roles in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508