See job description for details
Provide high level automation testing of software releases for systems and applications. Your new company
Our client one of the world's largest insurers and provide support to millions of customers across the globe. In Australia, our client has been helping to protect the things we love for over a century. Your new role
Reporting to the Testing Services Manager, the Automation Test Engineer will provide a high level of software quality as a member of the test team tasked with automated testing of software releases for systems and applications. Key responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Explaining what an automation test strategy and automation test plan is for and its purpose to stakeholders
- Confirms provided estimates for their own work and raises questions with management as appropriate
- Ensures all defects are logged in a timely manner and correctly with supporting evidence (logs, screenshots, etc.) ready for evaluation
- Proactively and clearly communicates/reports any issues/concerns encountered as part of their project to management as appropriate
- Review requirements documentation to assess completeness, relevance, correctness, consistency and clarity and reports findings
- Applies basic test techniques to projects and identifies key functional areas which can be subjected to automated testing
- Identifies and collate or create test data
- Organises test scripts into logical groups for execution
- Automated Test Execution
- Executes scheduled test scripts in agreed timeframes
- Participates in post implementation reviews
- Deliver allocated pieces of work to agreed timeframes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree
- Previous exposure to both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Automation and Technical Experience - At least 2 years' experience in test automation of web applications, web portals, mobile applications and APIs in a C#.Net environment using UI testing framework such as Selenium.
- Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) tools such as Specflow for Microsoft Visual Studio based .Net automation frameworks.
- Ability to query and manipulate databases using SQL skills.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of functional and regression testing across system,
system integration and user acceptance testing.
What you'll get in return
- Test Tools - Be proficient in the use of Selenium as the Test Automation tool for testing web applications - Be proficient in the use of at least one Test Management tool - Be proficient in the use of at least one Defect Management tool
- The ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical people both verbal and written - with manual testers, developers, business analysts and other stakeholders.
- Ability to understand requirements, describe test criteria and how to recreate issues.
- Understands the defect lifecycle
- Resilience in dealing with challenges and complexities of automated testing in a positive and methodical manner.
- Willingness to keep up with the latest technology trends, open to learning new testing techniques, frameworks and tools, in addition to learning from their experiences.
You will work with a team of experts in their field and have the ability to improve your current skill set by engaging with this forward thinking and dynamic business. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or please call Paul Sloan on 07 3243 3044 for a confidential career discussion. LHS 297508