31st January, 2024
We're a globally integrated audit, tax and advisory firm with offices in more than 95 countries - and we're always ready to recruit an experienced and motivated new Assurance Manager
like you to join our Australian team.
This could be just the right opportunity for you if you...
About the role
- Love to travel between home, office and client venues and enjoy the variety that comes with working in different environments.
- Like to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues and find communication and people management easy.
- Are keen to progress to increasing levels of seniority and receive training and promotions you deserve.
- Believe that a great culture is built on the celebration of collective success.
As an experienced member of our Audit team, your job will involve:
- Planning performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Engagement scoping and objective setting completed with an understanding of the tests, client, industry, risks, and controls developing as preparation progresses.
- Fieldwork performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Care taken to ensure the adequacy of workpaper documentation and the appropriateness of performance tests. Evaluation of findings for relevance and for forming an opinion. Ongoing communication with clients and AIC regarding progress and results.
- Reporting performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Materials presented in a clear, logical and precise manner. Issues reported on accurately and treated according to significance (rating).
- Review of workpapers, including the ability to time manage and prioritise. The provision of review points with on-the-job training provided to address any technical knowledge gaps.
- Leading of client engagements, including planning, executing, directing, and completing of financial Audits. Provision of clear instructions and directions to all levels of staff to ensure that the engagement is completed according to expectations.
- Timely and clear communication maintained with key client representatives to ensure that assurance work proceeds as planned. Responsibility for ensuring that findings are communicated as they are identified, outstanding information requests are completed, and client relationships are strengthened.
- Contribution to performance review feedback regarding on-the-job observations collected from personal experiences and the insight of the wider team.
- Assistance towards the Senior Assurance Manager with monitoring of team WIP and write-offs. Guidance to the Assistant Assurance Managers regarding technical queries. Provision of continuous feedback regarding team performance, individual performance, and job progress to Partners.
The qualities and qualifications we're looking for include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- CA/CPA qualification.
- Minimum of six years of recent work experience as an Auditor in a public practice firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, provide feedback, share knowledge, and provide support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult with peers.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Ability to view engagements holistically.
- Ability to apply professional scepticism to all scenarios.
For those who appreciate culture as much as commercial success, Mazars is the smart choice. It's a place where you'll be challenged to find unexpected solutions. Where you will gain experience with small and large clients across many different sectors. And where you can be confident your team always supports you.
Everyone who joins Mazars is valued for the individual qualities they bring to the team. In turn, we invest in making you the best you can be - whether it's through endless learning, or by tapping into opportunities within our worldwide network. At Mazars, so much is possible.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
At Mazars we nurture an inclusive environment and encompass diversity in all forms. Successful applicants will receive consideration for employment irrespective of their background, experience, identity, age, gender or ability.
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA or equivalent qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on • banking & insurance • health insurance• retail and entertainment• health and well-being
- Casual dress code
All applicants must be either an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or hold a current valid Australian working visa with full working rights. You may be required to provide evidence at the time of application.
Mazars does from time to time seek assistance from external recruitment agencies that we have strong relationships with, however currently we are only considering direct applications for this role.