- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
See job description for details
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides a full brokerage service to individual clients investing in both domestic and international equities, and wealth management services including financial planning, margin lending and managed funds investments.
A key function of this role is to provide operational support to the Branch with administrative, operational and compliance functions within a high volume, time critical environment.
• Answer incoming calls in a cordial, professional and timely manner.
• General administrative duties including arranging meetings, maintaining business supplies, collating and dispatching documents, filing, faxing
• Assist with the general administration, coordination and communication in the Branch
• Assist with the co-ordination of client events, seminars, research and company presentations including room bookings, catering and multimedia set up
• Manage office supplies including ordering and monitoring usage.
• Stock and ensure servicing of office equipment.
• Organise Branch meetings, functions and social events as required.
• Booking Meeting Rooms including catering and refreshments
• Arrange couriers and co-ordinating mail
• Assist with processing New hire and leavers
• Process Branch invoices
• Booking travel and arranging itineraries for management
• Compile and reconcile expense claims for management
• Archiving documents
• Assist with the Access Card requirements of the Branch
• Correspondence – distribution of mail, timely distribution of all faxes (incoming and outgoing), daily open order report, monitor correspondence in conjunction with Branch Manager to ensure adherence to Correspondence Policy
• Logging IT requests and building maintenance requests for the floor
• Manage the branch cheque handling procedures, including banking.
• Liaise with facilities manager and corporate services regarding cleaning/facilities maintenance/building issues
• Maintain Kitchen/Utilities area
• Assisting with adhoc maintenance requests from IT
• Assist with bulk client mailouts
• Assist with maintenance/closures of expired accounts
• Greet clients at reception and offer/prepare coffee where required
• Collate and submit responses to Client Failed Settlements report
• Assist with distribution of Annual High Risk Review report
• WHS Committee Representative
• Maintain cleanliness and presentation of meeting rooms for client meetings/events
Cross train and provide back up to the Client Services Associate role as required including but not limited to:
• Distribute new account documents & required notification to clients & review new account forms for accuracy & completeness, including input of client banking details
• Assign account number and provide Financial Advisors with completed new account forms after management approval
• Arrange & assist with CHESS & sponsorship, off-market, broker to broker and issuer to CHESS transfer of client documents
• Authorise access & respond to client queries from the Website
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
(Job-related knowledge, policies, procedures, techniques)
• Knowledge of switchboard operation and telephone equipment
• Excellent customer service and telephone manner
• Ability to maintain files
• Well-developed IT literacy, database and analytical skills
B. Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
(Understanding of business concepts, context, knowledge of the industry/market/organisation, profitability)
• Knowledge of financial markets and the financial planning industry (highly desirable)
• Understanding of compliance and legal requirements within Morgan Stanley
C. Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
(People skills in customer relations, influencing, leading and developing others)
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible attitude and ability to remain calm under pressure
• Communicate clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients
• Proactive, punctual and reliable
• Professional presentation and strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work and interact with a variety of people
• Strength in organizational ability and time management
• Work unsupervised
• Self-motivated and strong use of initiative, ability to prioritise and multi-task
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Recognised industry studies preferred but not essential
B. Description of minimum work experience required for this role
• Administrative experience preferred.
• Experience within a broking environment highly desirable.
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
(Internal and external areas/bodies/agencies/providers the position is required to interact with)
• Internal: All branch staff, Morgan Stanley staff including Branch Management, Financial Advisors
• External: Clients, providers, visitors