02nd February, 2024 Are you ready to reach your true potential?
Potential. At Nexia Edwards Marshall, we don't just talk about it. We nurture it. Cultivate it. Unlock it. We bring it to life, not just for you, but with you. That's the promise we make to our clients, and it's the same promise we make to our great people. We do this because we believe in pushing the boundaries of personal potential and helping our people leave their mark on the world.
While we're in the business of accountancy and advice, we're actually in the business of people-because we believe that when great people are aligned, great things happen. We are incredibly proud of our values-based culture - prioritising our values over profit margins to make a positive impact.
Nexia Edwards Marshall is a firm known for its quality of work. We invest in GREAT people, work with GREAT clients and run a GREAT firm. Current opportunity
As part of our Audit & Assurance Services division, you will learn the fundamentals of performing high quality financial audits.
Reporting to our great managers you will perform a broad range of financial audit tasks and grow your technical and professional skills.
Based in our CBD offices you will be surrounded by specialists with technical expertise, receive high quality training and solid support to propel your career. The role
Your skills and experience
- Assisting with the conduct of external financial audits, and assisting with reporting audit results.
- Develop an understanding of a broad range of client businesses and the associated risks.
- Assessing and reviewing internal controls and documenting client processes around key business cycles, testing the effectiveness of key controls and communicating deficiencies found.
- Performing substantive audit procedures to confirm assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure reported in the financial reports and accounting records.
- Local, intrastate and interstate travel may be required.
Life at Nexia Edwards Marshall
- Graduated from Commerce Accounting degree.
- Customer service experience essential (any industry)
- Able to develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent english skills both written and oral
- Integrity and a desire to unlock your potential!
Despite being part of the Nexia global network of over 600 offices across more than 120 countries, including offices in every mainland state and territory in Australia, here you're more than just another faceLocally at Nexia Edwards Marshall, we're just the right size for you to reach decision-makers and make a real impactYou will report to our approachable and highly skilled Partners and Managers who readily share knowledge and inspire others to reach their potential. You are part of a community that works together and socialises together.
We strive to give you the right tools, high-quality training, and solid support to propel both your career and personal life.
Here are just a few of our high-value, benefits that support your personal well-being and professional growth:
- A welcoming and diverse culture with a great social calendar of events!
- Generous CA and CPA support
- Flexible working arrangements and work/life balance Health and wellbeing benefits - mental and physical wellness programs, employee assistance programs, and more.
- Regular inhouse training, national and international career development and training opportunities
- National and global secondment programs and client-side placement opportunities
- The outstanding Nexia Australia network resources and QA provide you with technical support and training for success
- High-quality and diverse clients
Our teams work with integrity, trust, respect and honesty. Genuinely supporting each other and working together in synergy. To find out more about our services, values and culture visit nexiaem.com.au Apply now
Are you looking to start your career and join a welcoming and diverse culture where your story, potential and hard work are not only seen - but also celebrated? Then this role could be for you.
If you enjoy working with people and want to know what it is like to work as an Audit Analyst in a great firm like Nexia Edwards Marshall please apply via the link or https://www.nexiaem.com.au/careers/current-opportunities/
Applicants must be eligible to work full time.
Nexia Edwards Marshall is always striving to make a difference. Nexia Edwards Marshall recognises and pays our respects to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation, in particular, the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the land on which our Adelaide office is situated.